About our school

Be Respectful, Act Responsibly, Strive for Excellence.

History

Padthaway School is a dynamic learning community empowering students to be learners for life. We are committed to providing a happy, secure and stimulating environment where all students are motivated and confident to reach their full potential and move confidently into the future. We aim to provide an educational programme that will develop in each student a passion and purpose for learning and a commitment to maximise their learning potential. We are distinguished by the quality of partnerships between students and staff and the involvement of the broader community.

The original school in the district was Yallamurray and moves were made to have a school built at Padthaway. The original Padthaway School was built in 1935 from stone quarried on land donated by Mrs Lucy Lawson. The school was built in six weekends by voluntary labour.
The first teacher was Miss Myra Peake. For the first term of 1935, Miss Peake taught classes in the shearers’ dining room at nearby Padthaway Homestead. Later in the year, Mrs Lawson opened the new school.

That original building was demolished when the grounds were extended and the current main school building was opened in 1973.

Facilities and communication advancements continue to develop to provide the best possible support for students’ growth and learning.