The Governing Council is accountable for the governance of the school by ensuring that the school achieves its expectations through good management practices.
In practice the Governing body is responsible for:
- Setting strategic goals
- Determining School Policy
- Delegating powers, and
- Reviewing how well these goals are being achieved
The Principal manages the school within the local policy parameters set by the Governing body and the state wide policy parameters set by the Department for Education.
- Providing and maintaining an overview
- Developing and reviewing School Policy
- Providing strategic direction and planning
- Reviewing and monitoring progress